Medical Students Interested in Transfering to KCU
Kansas City University will review transfer applications from students currently enrolled at an Accredited Osteopathic Medical School. Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MD program are not eligible for transfer admission.
Transfer Application Process
Send in these documents:
- Document listing personal contact information
- Full name (first, middle, last)
- Current address
- Email address
- Osteopathic school currently enrolled
- A personal statement presenting valid and compelling reasons for admission by transfer
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges
- A letter of evaluation and support from the dean at your current/previous medical school
- Official scores for all MCATs taken
- screenshot of your scores from your ThX account is acceptable
- Official scores for all COMLEX exams (if applicable)
- screenshot of your scores from your account is acceptable
Once KCU has received the above documents, we will send you an email with the link to the secondary application. After your completed secondary application and application fee have been received ($60), the following documents below will be required to complete your application:
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the catalog from your current/previous Osteopathic Medical School
- Documents that demonstrate satisfactory completion of the equivalent
curricular content at KCU
- Course syllabi for courses in Clinical Skills
- Osteopathic Principles and Practices (OPP)
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM)
Please email all documents to the Admissions Office (email@example.com). Once all documents have been received, your file will be reviewed and further communication about the next steps in the process will be sent to you.
Deadline to apply for transfer is February 1 of the year of entry.
KCU highly recommends submitting the first set of documents by October 1 or earlier.