COVID Campus Update
Updated July 28, 2021
Due to concerns over the Delta variant of COVID-19, on July 27 the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local public health authorities recommended that everyone in areas of substantial or high transmission resume wearing masks indoors in public areas, regardless of vaccination status. And, in Kansas City, the Mayor has mandated the wearing of masks indoors in public spaces.
Effective 8 a.m. Monday, August 2, KCU is reinstating the following protocols that will apply to the entire campus community, regardless of vaccination status:
- Everyone is required to wear a mask at all times within shared indoor spaces on campus.
- Faculty and staff workspace: masks may be removed in individual offices or spaces with plexiglass dividers only while working alone.
- Masks may be removed to dine indoors on campus. While eating indoors (in the cafeteria or any other indoor locations) remain at least 3 feet apart.
- Outdoor dining will not require distancing.
KCU Safety Health Screen App & Contact Tracing
- Before entering campus, complete the app and if you receive a red screen, remain at home and contact Score 1 for Health (1-877-425-0251).
- If you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you do not come to campus until you have been cleared by the Score 1 for Health team – even if you are not currently displaying symptoms.
- Additional contact tracing may need to be performed in these circumstances, therefore Score 1 must be notified of any known exposure.
More details on the KCU Safety Health Screen app can be found here.
The transmission of this disease and positivity rates continue to once again rise to alarming levels, particularly in those areas where vaccination rates are low – and more specifically, the state of Missouri. Additionally, hospitals in the communities surrounding our campuses are overwhelmed with COVID patients.
Remember to contact Score 1 for Health (1-877-425-0251) if you experience symptoms, test positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive – even if you are fully vaccinated. Score 1 will guide you through next steps.
If you have not yet been vaccinated, we strongly urge you to do so immediately. This is the most important thing you can do to make a difference in our fight against COVID.
Your health and safety is paramount to us and we will continue to follow the guidance of the CDC along with our regional and local health officials.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.